"bladder prolapse"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / General Surgery

I had it repaired Last June 2015. had no follow up kept taking urine infections and put on antibiotics referred back to consultant December 2015 and still on antibiotics now February 2016 which I discovered I have ecoli all this time and operation was unsuccessful so have to have much bigger operation. I am in a lot of discomfort so tried calling to see how long referral will be and was told I am not an emergency so just on waiting list which can take another 8 to 12 weeks. I don't think they realise I have had this prolapse since last march or april 2015 I think this is disgraceful the way I have been treated.

Dear shanky 89,

I completely understand how frustrated you must be feeling as I can tell this has already been a long road for you, with further still to go before you are back to full health.

As I'm sure you can appreciate, our waiting lists need to be carefully managed to make sure that we are treating lots of people in a timely manner, but also making sure that the people needing the most urgent care are given priority. This of course is not meant to undermine the discomfort that you are feeling, and I know that it doesn't make things better for you on a personal level, but rather is an attempt to give some sort of basic explanation for why you might have been given the timescales you have. In the meantime, you can talk to your GP about the best ways to help manage your symptoms where possible, until you have your procedure.

I know that a few weeks have passed since you shared your story here, and so I hope that you might have been given a date for your next operation - if you have still not heard anything, please email me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk with some of your personal details and I will see what I can find out for you.

In the meantime, I wish you all the best,

• shanky 89 thinks this response is helpful