"Amazing experience at RD&E Accident and Emergency department"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford) / Accident and emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

After my 2 year old daughter had a nasty fall this week we called her GP and were directed towards A&E for treatment as she may have needed stitches. We arrived and were seen and treated within 1 hour. Amazing!

The triage nurse Annette was incredibly reassuring and understanding (I was really anxious as the first A&E visit with my first child! ) and we were sent away with information and the confidence to call them if we were worried.

Thank you so much for making a really worrying day so much easier than I'd imagined.

Response from Rebecca McGuffog, Patient Engagement and Experience Officer, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear WorriedExeterMum

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Emergency Department at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, when you brought your daughter in following a fall. I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with the care and treatment your daughter received, and also with the speed in which she was seen and treated. I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback. Kind comments such as yours are always gratefully received. I do hope your daughter is making a good recovery.