"Staff annoyed when enquiring about patient"

About: Rotherham Hospital

My handicapped brother was admitted to A5 with confusion, staff got annoyed when I was calling ONCE a day for 2 days, until my brother was able to answer his own cell. I was calling from Canada, which is GMT minus 7 hours. I was waking up at night to call them during regular hours. I have no vested interest in annoying A5 ward staff unnecessarily.

They put IV line in his hand, preventing him from answering his phone properly. Very noisy environment with 6 people in 1 room

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Hello, my name is Lisa Cross, Ward Manager for Ward A5 at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust. Thank you for your feedback on NHS Choices. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience when contacting the ward regarding your brother. I will ensure that your feedback is discussed. However, if you wish to speak to me personally regarding your experience, please contact the ward on 01709 424272 and ask for me personally. Thank you.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Hello, my name is Lisa Cross, Ward Manager for Ward A5 at The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust. Thank you for your feedback on NHS Choices. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience when contacting the ward regarding your brother. I will ensure that your feedback is discussed. However, if you wish to speak to me regarding your experience, please contact the ward on 01709 424272 and ask for me personally. Thank you