"Long Waiting Time for Treatment"

I'm now 18 weeks post referral from my GP, and have the prospect of having to wait at least 3 months for a test, then wait for a return appointment to the consultant (or one of their team), then the waiting list to actually receive treatment. I have been suffering since September, and it sounds as though it is going to take a year before I receive any treatment here! It might be smarter than other NHS hospitals, but in reality if you are NHS the waiting times are no better, nor are you sure to see the consultant, which is no better than NHS clinics. They don't ring you back when they say they will, the secretaries are unhelpful and in one case failed to pass on important information when I asked them to.

When I made the point to a manager that a private patient wouldn't be subjected to all the waiting times that I have been, the response was no, but then you aren't paying. Actually yes I do, I work for a living. A little respect please.

Response from Circle Reading

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We apologise that this was your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss such with you directly, in order that we may further investigate the areas of concern that you have highlighted. Our Lead Nurse, Claire Denneny may be contacted directly on 01189 226887. Thank you.