"catering"

About: Nuffield Hospital Oxford (the Manor)

When I was visiting today my dad in Manor Hospital, Oxford I saw when the catering staff getting ready for serve lunch. They've been terrifying. When I come close to check what's going on I saw a member of staff, probably a chef who was screaming at all the staff from kitchen and swearing at them. One of the staff from catering was almost cry. The chef scream they were stupid and all the catering staff are animals.

That's the most unusual behaviour which I had contact. How bad have to be this person talking like that to their own staff. I never experience similar situation.

I go visit my dad near the catering kitchen where I all the time hear swearing and unusual behaviour.

If this member of staff wil cook for me a lunch I will probably refuse.

Response from Nuffield Hospital Oxford (the Manor)

All our staff deserve to be treated with dignity and respect at work and their happiness and wellbeing is of upmost importance to us.

We encourage informal resolution of issues at the lowest possible level. Therefore if a staff member feels they are being bullied or harassed at work we encourage them to speak to the other person about how they feel, as a first step. However, we recognise that this may not always be possible and we encourage the staff members to talk to their Line Manager or HR contact A Manager will investigate the concerns raised and talk to the team to get their perspective.

We take all complaints of bullying and/or harassment very seriously, and this sort of behaviour is simply not tolerated. We will investigate the issue raised without delay and it will be handled sensitively.

Louise Sullivan

Hospital Director, Oxford Hospital ‘The Manor’

Beech Road, Headington, Oxford OX3 7RP