"ante natal appointments"

About: General practices in Lanarkshire

I have been having real problems booking antenatal review at my local GP practice. Although the midwife wants me to forward plan my appointments and knows when she wants to see me back, the booking system at my GP practice does not allow this. They only allow booking approximately 2 weeks in advance. I also work full time and need to give sufficient notice to my employer to get time off and it is difficult to find time in a busy working day to repeatedly phone the practice to see if they have opened up the booking list for the required day yet. So far I have phoned for the last 4 consecutive days and every day have been told to phone back tomorrow.

Patient centred care? I think not

Response from Laura Jack, Patient Affairs Manager, Primary Care Division, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear MrsThanksforcalling,

Thanks for getting in touch and I was sorry to read about the difficulty you are having trying to get an appointment with your midwife at your local GP Practice. I can completely understand how frustrating this must be, especially when you are trying to schedule this around work and things.

I would be happy to contact the practice for you to resolve this, if you can let me know which practice you are registered at. You can contact me either by telephone (01698 858 292) or via email laura.jack@lanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk

Look forward to hearing from you.

Laura

Response from Alistair Macintosh, Primary Care Lead (NHS Lanarkshire), Primary Care Team (NHS Lanarkshire)

Dear MrsThanksforcalling

Thank you for highlighting the difficulties you are experiencing with your antenatal reviews and I am sorry to hear of the inconvenience this is causing you.

I would be happy to look into this matter on your behalf and would be grateful if you could contact me direct in order that I can ascertain more information, you can call me on 01698 858149.

Alistair MacKintosh

Primary Care Manager

NHS Lanarkshire

Dear MrsThanksforcalling,

Many thanks for getting in touch with us directly and I'm glad I was able to assist by contacting the practice on your behalf.

The practice manager has confirmed she will look into the concerns you have and contact you directly. I do hope there is a satisfactory resolution and wish you all the best for the future.

Kind Regards

Laura

• MrsThanksforcalling thinks this response is helpful