"Credit to the service"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

Last Monday at around 5. 30pm, I was taken, by ambulance, from Dalgety Bay Health Centre to Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, by Cowdenbeath based paramedics Dave & Craig, (I hope I've got their names right), as I was suffering from chest pains.

I would like to commend the two paramedics for the excellent service they provided, as during the journey, and on arrival at the hospital, they provided valuable care and displayed total competence and a friendly and helpful attitude that gave me great re-assurance.

Their professionalism is a credit to the service.

Response from Martin Esposito, Patient Experience Manager, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear STONY

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

It must have been an extremely frightening experience for you, attending your local health centre and ending up in an ambulance being conveyed to hospital. I am so pleased to read about the professional, competent, person-centred care that you received from Dave and Craig and how they provided reassurance to you during the journey and at hospital.

I will ensure that your kind words are passed onto Dave and Craig.

I do hope that you are recovering well and thank you again for sharing your story.

Take care