"Some (a few) nurses were friendly"

About: Kent & Canterbury Hospital

Some (a few) nurses were friendly

Consideration for patients

I was admitted into K and C on Monday16th Nov for a heart attack (my 7th) and discharged on Friday 20th Nov at about 6pm. Although the ward sister knew I had lost my bus pass, (I am 69) and my credit cards and had no transportation home, I was never asked if I needed transport to my home in Sturry. When I went back to Invicta ward to look for my pass and cards, I was told I had been discharged and was not allowed back to the ward to look for my cards and angrily ordered to leave. I had to walk home, making it almost to Asda before collapsing when some passers-by saw me and called an ambulance to take me home. Since returning home, I have been having chest pains, but am afraid to return to K and C. I was only once seen by a doctor, who was very good, at other times, only by a student doctor. Some medication was insufficient for my complaint of Restless Leg Syndrome, and was given only after 18 hours, I even had to return home at one stage to collect some more for my treatment. Kent and Canterbury also has the nickname “Kent and Chaos”.