"Care in ward 47 and plastic surgery clinic"

About: Glasgow Royal Infirmary / Plastic Surgery & Burns Wishaw General Hospital / Emergency department

I was bitten by a dog and was transferred from Wishaw General to the Royal (ward 47 ) to await surgery on my nose and lip. The nurses were outstanding and the consultant really was superb! After theatre I was allowed home that night and returned to plastic surgery outpatients clinic 5 days later to have stitches removed. Again the nurses there were wonderful and the level of care given was second to none.

Response from Andy Pender, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear Lindsey26484

I am sorry to have heard of your frightening experience.

I am glad that you found your experience at Wishaw ED a positive one and that the Nurses were out standing.

I will ensure this is passed to the staff, I am sure they will be delighted to hear of the positive comments.

I hope that you are making a good recovery.

Best wishes

Andy

Dear Lindsey26484

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your recent experience, which I am sure must have been a very stressful time for you. I am pleased to hear your care in both ward 47 and clinic 5 was positive and I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the staff.

I hope that you are recovering well.

Best wishes