"Understanding and Compassionate Care - Gold Star"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary

I must comment on the outstanding understanding and kindness shown to my partner - and me - today when he was having a heart scan in the Medical Physics department. . He was very very nervous and the procedure itself was quite distressing - it was really quite scary for us both.

The nurse and specialist technician were so kind, reassuring and looked after him so well. It was great that they understood that it is helpful for some people in these situations to have someone with them apart from staff, and there was no problem with me accompanying him. Everything that was happening was clearly explained, and all our questions answered.

The department was calm and welcoming and spotlessly clean.

This reflects our experience in other departments at the hospital too, as we have spent a fair bit of time in them recently and our experience has been almost entirely positive.

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

I can understand how this process would be scary for you both and I am delighted that the staff were able to allay your fears and provide great support to reassure you. Being given a clear explanation and having your questions answered does make a huge difference in these situations. This is a very positive experience and it will give me pleasure to share it with the team, thank you.