"Experienced professionals that care"

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

Consultant in Urogynaecology sent me to physiotherapist, as I have a long term problem following chemotherapy that cannot be corrected by surgery.

I did not know what Michelle's department did or what it could offer me.

I met physiotherapist about 5 weeks ago and returned for a follow up appointment yesterday. The

physiotherapist, offered me a non-surgical option which is working so far, they also gave me a rounded overview and suggestions about other health concerns and my entitlements. As a result of this I will go on to improve other areas of my health.

Their knowledge is extensive, their options/suggestions were invaluable and I am far more positive than I envisaged.

The added bonus, which makes all the difference was their excellent interpersonal skills and caring manner which made me feel very individual.

Although I will always have to manage this condition, no quick fix, I am much more positive.

Thanks very much.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS Choices / Patient Opinion website regarding your care in the Maternity Unit at Saint Mary’s Hospital.

It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. It was reassuring to hear that you found the Physiotherapist knowledgeable and supportive, and able to meet your individual needs.

I can assure you that we have passed on your thoughts to Mrs Michelle Horridge to share with the staff involved.

The Patient Experience Team