"Not happy"

I am not happy with the hospital, because I went all the way there, and my son's appointment got cancelled after 8 months of waiting for an appointment. I didn't get a letter or a phone call to say it had been cancelled, so I am not happy about this. It's not fair, I have been waiting for 8 months for my son to been seen!

Response from Patient Experience Lead, Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the NHS Choices website regarding your son’s appointment at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.

We apologise for the delay in acknowledging your comments; unfortunately there was a significant delay in receiving notification of your posting on the NHS Choices website and being able to respond to you. The Patient Experience Team has liaised with NHS Choices in relation to delays about notifications of outstanding comments.

We were sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate that the process must have been very frustrating for you, and your concerns have been shared with the Senior Team at Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. It is difficult to respond fully to the specific concerns you have raised without being able to investigate in detail, and we would very much like to hear from you directly about this. If you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk they will be able to discuss this with you.