"Rude and condescending staff"

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

Some members of staff are very rude and patronising. Was told that I was fine but if I didn't get blood tests i would be discharge me and said I was refusing to accept treatment simply for saying I wanted to call my husband first. When I asked to speak to another member of staff I was talked down to even further and told that it's not normal for pregnant woman to consult their husbands when unsure. Left feeling intimidated, patronised and made a fool of and made to feel forced to seek treatment elsewhere.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

We are very sorry to receive your comments and concerns via the NHS Choices website about your experiences within Saint Mary’s Hospital.

It is very difficult to respond to the specific concerns you have raised without being able to investigate in detail. We take all issues surrounding patient care very seriously and would very much like to hear from you directly about this. If you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0161 276 8686 or by e-mailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk they will be happy to discuss this with you.

The Patient Experience Team