About: Burnley General Hospital

I arrived in area 6 at 12 noon on 26th January , I was a long way from home on my own and more than a little worried about the surgery. From the moment I arrived all staff treated me with care and concideration checking and double checking all my details, my consultant explained the procedure to me and the anethatist listened to my concerns regarding general anasthetic and put my mind at ease so I'd like to say a big " thank you " to all the staff on duty that afternoon who made sure I was comfortable and well looked after especialy all staff on ward 24 where I was taken after theatre to recover.

Response from Burnley General Hospital

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your admission to Burnley General Hospital for a trapeziectomy procedure and thank you for taking the time to do so.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback and I will make sure that your comments are passed onto the team who will be delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience as we always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

We are really keen to hear further about your experience and what made it so positive for you so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services.

If you would like to share your story with us please contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or email me on Melissa.almond@elht.nhs.uk

Many thanks again for commenting and best wishes.

Melissa Almond, Patient Experience Facilitator