"My week long stay"

About: Lincoln County Hospital / Accident and emergency

Last Saturday I went to A&E. When speaking to the receptionist she asked me "couldn't you have gone to the GP about this? ". I found this extremely rude, considering I had already been to the GP and was in a lot of pain. Once seen by the Triage nurse I sat waiting for about an hour when I was taken through. The overall experience was good however the lack of communication meant that I was greeted by someone ready to take me a bed, I had not been informed I was being admitted. The staff in A&E are pleasant and work fast when arranging scans however I do feel the lack of communication lets them down.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Cyprus96,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

Firstly I apologise that you’ve had a poor experience when visiting the department. I am very disappointed that one of our receptionists was rude to you, this is unacceptable. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the receptionists.

I am disappointed that staff did not keep you informed regarding the decision for you to be admitted into the hospital. The Nurse or Dr should have informed you and ensured you were kept up to date with decisions regarding your care and treatment. Your feedback will be shared with both nursing and medical teams to ensure we learn from this.

Should you wish to discuss your concerns further please contact myself or Sharon Kidd ( patient experience manager) (01476 464560).

Tracy Bell – Acting Head of Nursing