"Getting into the new queen Elizabeth university hospital"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

I was dropping my mother and father-in-law off at the front of the hospital and helping them into the main entrance, the front of the hospital is like a wind tunnel and as I held onto my mother-in-law my father-in-law was blown right across the road and down the pavement, a man managed to catch him and we both managed to help them into the front of the hospital with much difficulty fighting against the wind. I can't believe that you can't park closer to the front of the hospital to drop people off, especially as the wind is so strong there even when it isn't as strong at other areas. It was an absolutely awful experience. I think someone is going to get seriously injured here.

Dear Concerned23,

First of all, I'd like to apologise that you haven't had a response from me before now - I was reviewing previous stories and came across yours, and the fact that I hadn't responded. Really sorry for that.

I'm sorry to that you had such an experience when bringing your mother and father-in-law to the hospital. We have had similar comments regarding the distance between the car park or drop off area and the front entrance to the hospital and these have been raised with the site managers.

My colleague Laura Nixon who works with me in the Patient Experience Team is working closely with the Facilities Directorate to look at how we can practically take forward and use all of the feedback that we receive, from Patient Opinion as well as our other feedback sources. We will give you, and anyone else reading Patient Opinion, a bit of an update on this as soon as we can, but in the meantime please know that your comments will certainly be taken on board.

Best Wishes,