"limited help if you turn up sober"

About: Inclusion UK / Buckinghamshire STARS (in partnership with Oasis)

(as a service user),

I came when I knew that I could not stop drinking on my own.

The only fault I found with was that as I turned up sober there was limited help available. I am not sure if this is still the same. But I could not go outside if I had been drinking and I would to let anybody see me. I found that the stopping drinking is not the problem it is the staying “sober” that is so difficult. I use all the groups available to me. As I found that keeping busy and positive thinking action is the answer

Response from Tracy Braddock, STARS Service Manager, Inclusion

Thanks so much for your feedback. Glad to hear you are attending the groups, please ask your keyworker or any staff member for a full timetable of STARS activities as we have interventions running every weekday. You can also access AA and/or SMART recovery in STARS buildings (even at weekends).

I agree keeping busy is a really useful tool whilst achieving and maintaining recovery, here at STARS we have Employment, Training & Education (ETE) workers that can support you accessing these areas just ask for an appointment next time you come in. Thanks again, all the best in your recovery. Tracy.