"Helping me combat my addiction"

About: Inclusion UK / Buckinghamshire STARS (in partnership with Oasis)

I was born in the northwest around 30 years ago. My dad moved away. Started smoking fags at school then weed at college. Then I tried heroin and crack a couple of years later. I then got heavily into heroin and crack. But didn’t stat regular use until mid 20's, then it turned into addiction to heroin and crack.
It was around the time that time I got in touch with smart, Oasis etc. They have given me the tools to combat my addiction.

It’s the first time in years I feel like there is hope.

Response from Tracy Braddock, STARS Service Manager, Inclusion

Thank you for your very honest feedback. It's really positive that you are accessing support to tackle your addiction to crack and heroin, I know how addiction can really negatively impact your life and those around you. Keep working with your keyworker and engage as much as you can either with 1to1 support, groups, the recovery network etc. Remember we have NA and SMART recovery running from STARs, so there is support 7 days a week.

Keep working on your recovery, day by day the small steps / goals will turn into successes. Keep your hope strong, as this will motivate you to the long term goals you want to achieve. All the very best. Tracy