"Excellent Service - Brilliant Staff"

I was recently reffered to Promenade Ward for a medically assisted detox for alcohol misuse. Amitting to oneself that there is a problem is a big step to take and knowing that you are going to be an in-patient for a period of time to allow the detox to take place is quite daunting.

The morning I arrived on the ward I was anxious and feeling very emotional. This changed when I was greeted by two members of staff who explained everything that was going to happen to me in a clear and concise manner, making me feel at ease and allowing me some private time to get settled in. There was no pressure to join any groups on the first day just comfort and reassurance [and the odd bit of medication of course].

As the week progressed I found myself feeling a lot stronger emotionally. I was offered the opportunity to 1:1 chats as well asbeing part of wider activities and group sessions. Through association for why everyone on the ward were there it was very much like a small family, everyone looking out for each other and offering moral support when required.

All staff were nothing but brilliant - they could not do enough for you - and were always supportive and friendly. The food could not be faulted despite adding a few kg onto me, which I could have done without!

I am lucky that I have had the chance to experience this professional and caring service but am sad that due to the closure of the service in March, others will not have the chance to share the same experience. To all staff on the ward I thank you so much and wish each and everyone ofyou all of the best for the future.

Response from Mill View Hospital

Dear Writer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The Mill View team will be so pleased to hear that they were able to help.

With Best Wishes

Helen Greatorex,

Executive Director of Nursing & Quality, Sussex Partnership.