"Dermatology - St. Marys Hospital"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

Saw GP in June 2015. Referred to Dermatology for BCC. Eventually seen at St. Marys in Oct 2015 and referred for Mohs surgery. I was told it was a 3 month waiting list - but I have just found out that I won't be seen until June 2016 - that's 8 months ! - and a year since I first saw my GP for referral.

Is this an acceptable level for cancer treatment - partucularlywhen I have paid into the system all my life ? In the meantime my BCC is getting worse.

Unacceptable Service.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

I am very sorry to read of your experiences within the Dermatology Department and for the delays you have incurred.

Please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the area concerned.

Kind regards.

Debbie

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

I am very sorry to read of your experiences within the Dermatology Department and for the delays that you have happened. Please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the area concerned.

We would welcome the opportunity for a senior member of the Dermatology Team to investigate the issue you have raised. If you would like this to take place please contact me on 023 92286000 Ext. 3473 so that I can obtain further details and forwarded to the appropriate team.

Kind regards.