"Breast cancer care, Lancaster"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

I cannot praise this service highly enough. Today, I had my 5 year review since surgery, chemo and radiotherapy finished. The surgery was done at Kendal hospital, (despite me living near Blackpool) because I had been told how superb it was - and it was. I had three lumpectomies but my breasts look normal. Both the affected side and the 'made to match' unaffected side - the surgeon is amazing. Despite being very busy, the appointments feel unhurried and totally focused on you. The surgeon, registrar and nurses are kind, warm and empathetic. I was told today that I have to take the medication for 5 years more than I expected so am feeling disappointed, to put it mildly, as the side effects are unpleasant. But this bombshell was delivered with such kindness, understanding and reasons why, that it made it almost acceptable. Exemplary service in all respects.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary and Westmorland General Hospital. We are very pleased that our staff were kind and caring and looked after you well, and will pass your nice comments on to the teams involved. Thanks again, and wishing you all the best.