"Medication delay"

About: Lister Hospital

It is 17.28 20/1/16 I have been waiting for my son to be discharged from 7A south since 14.30. I arrived to collect my son at 2.30 to discover his medication had not been requested from pharmacy the doctors had not prescribed it ! Despite him being discharged on the ward round in the morning and the knowledge that he was being discharged was known the previous day!

This is not the first occasion this has happened it is not acceptable the trust has been on red alert and bed spaces limited but my son is blocking one unnecessarily today.

I work for the trust and know delays happen but today's delay could and should have been prevented!

Response from Lister Hospital

We're sorry that this has happened - as a staff member, please consider taking your concerns up with the senior nurse for surgery.

If you don't know who this is, just email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we'll pass your email to her.

Whilst that won't change what's happened, it could help prevent such a delay for others. In the meantime, thank for you the feedback (which we will pass to our surgical team colleagues) and we do hope that your son makes a full and speedy recovery.