"I was taken ill in Malmesbury"

About: The Great Western Hospital

I was ambulanced to the Great Western in a state of semi consciousness, in to A&E where i believe many tests were carried out, I remember a lot of activity, I was taken on and had a scan and then back to A&E, my admission was about 10:30 and after lots of tests I was admitted to the Linnet ward at about 18:30 by which time I was fully conscious, during the night l was checked out about every couple of hours, and after a MRI scan the next day it was concluded that I had had a minor stroke and also I appear to have had two previous strokes in resent weeks and appropriate action was taken, I was there for 48 hours and during that time I cannot fault any thing, the attention I got was second to none, every thing is clean and the staff cheeri, I was also taken how staff handed over to the next shift, all went smoothly, I have made this review because despite being ill I found the whole experience positive and that makes me think I'm not reading or taking the negativities you read in the papers which are taken out of context .

Response from The Great Western Hospital

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Great Western Hospital.

We are delighted to hear your positive feedback on the care and treatment you received from A&E and Linnet Ward.

We will share your comments with the teams who will very much appreciate that you took the time to get in touch. I trust that you are making a good recovery.