"Thank you A&E staff"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

On 6 January at about 7am I was taken to A&E by ambulance as there were concerns about my heart I was given immediate attention by nursing staff and above all reassurance and explanations about what they were doing . I was then taken to a bay and given a full examination including an X-ray. Thankfully the diagnosis was ok for discharge and follow up treatment via my GP . The service From 111,EMAS and A&E was excellent at a time when I felt so unwell. A&E were very busy. One point I would make is that the doctor was so busy they didn't have time speak to me to explain what had been found before discharge but this was done (very well) by a senior nurse practitioner. I felt the service was excellent and took just Les than 4 hours in A&E. Thank you to you all for being their when I needed it and doing a great job at a very busy time.

Response from Queen's Medical Centre

Hi Martin. Thank you. I hope you are recovering well since your recent treatment at our A&E. We have had an incredibly busy January, but this is little excuse for not providing you with a full explanation of your case at the time. I’m sorry about this. I also notes the many positives in your feedback about our team in A&E and partners with whom we work closely to collectively ensure the most timely care for our emergency patients.

Kind regards,