"Thank you"

About: Southmead Hospital

I came into southmead A&E on Friday 15th Jan with chronic back pain, which I've suffered with for a long time now. I just wanted to say thank you to all the staff I came into contact with. I was in such a state when I got there, the receptionist was so kind and the triage nurse was lovely and I was seen straight away. The nurses and doctors also saw me quickly and helped get my pain under control and gave me great advice. The whole team were professional and just brilliant. Please pass this on to them as I know they get little thanks for what they do. I was so so worried about coming in as I know how busy they all are, but my pain was so awful and they helped me hugely. Thank you to you all.

Response from Southmead Hospital

Dear Maggy – I was pleased to learn of your very positive experience at A&E on 16 January 2016. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post how the team reacted and were able to help get your pain under control. With so many negative stories in the press about A&E departments I am sure the staff will be appreciative of your comments about their professional approach to helping you. I have passed your post on to the A&E team.

I hope that your back pain continues to improve.

Kind Regards – Steve Sykes