"Outstanding Quality of Care"

About: Torbay Hospital

I had a colonoscopy two days ago, and the care I received was outstanding. I cannot praise the staff highly enough. My procedure was difficult for the staff , due to my preparation not working well. I Felt very frightened on arrival at the unit due to the fact that I was not feeling well. This was my second procedure in six days, I had needed to stop taking my usual diabetes medication. A combination of concerns had left me feeling, very frightened and vulnerable.

On arrival at the endoscopy unit, i felt well cared for, reassured. and the support and kindness i received was outstanding, i truly could not have wished for more .

My theatre nurse was incredible, my level of care wonderful. I received outstanding care by two doctors and consultant, highly skilled, who worked as a team at all times. I felt i had been treated with the utmost respect, kindness and support by my registrar, consultant, doctors, and nursing staff, and to my lovely nurse in theatre, i would not have coped without you. I wish i could name the staff, because i feel everyone should know who you are. Thank you for everything you did for me. You are all truly amazing.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Dear Patient

We are delighted to read your encouraging comments.

Staff appreciate hearing about patients’ positive experiences and your feedback will be shared with those concerned.

Patient Services