"Kind and Considersate"

About: Croydon University Hospital

Today was a really positive experience. The staff were friendly, caring and helpful. While the scanner looks like it needs some care and attention maintenance wise I couldn't fault the way the appointment was handled by the staff.

I would have another scan at CHS if the need arose.

Response from Croydon University Hospital

Dear LD

I am pleased to learn that you had a good experience and that we looked after you well. It is a constant challenge to ensure our equipment is kept working in a busy environment, where technology constantly advances. Last year the Trust invested £1.1m in our interventional radiology suite (also known as the interventional X-ray suite), with new high definition displays, separate men’s and women’s rooms and a bright and welcoming environment. These have transformed the unit, which uses detailed imaging to help perform delicate operations and medical procedures on patients.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit and I will make sure that your kind words are passed on to the teams involved.

Graham Richardson

Deputy Manager, PALS and Complaints

PALS can be contacted for advice and assistance on 020 8401 3210 or at ch-tr.pals@nhs.net