"Cleanliness of the place"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

My partner was rushed into this hospital why we was away on holiday and I just couldn't believe how dirty it was, needle bins were over flowing blood was left in a side room for hour &they tried to put him in their to wait for doctor I refused they ask y I said you just put paper towels on top that blood on floor a hour ago and it's still their as I was sitting watching, staff nurses were great&put gloves on when treating him &knew the notes but couple doctors tried taking his blood before cleaning their hands&didn't use gloves,also was gonna give him something he wasn't aloud,plus didn't give him correct info on his follow up treatment so glad we checked with our gp at home,plus it needs a facelift&clean

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you for your feedback.

We do get incredibly busy in the A+E and keeping it clean is a round the clock task. We have invested in extra cleaning hours for our department and have received some good feedback as a result of this.

Hand hygiene is however extremely important in preventing the spread of infection. I have passed your concerns on to the clinical team and reminded them of their responsibilities in ensuring they protect patients and reduce the risk of cross infection.

We have recently completed the refurbishment of 2 of our cubicles within the A+E. The department is 12 years old and receives regular refreshing of it d├ęcor and environment.

I will review your points with our facilities team.

Michael Brunton