"appauling receptionist"

About: Frome Community Hospital

I went to Frome A&E earlier today 14/01/2016 and was utterly appalled and disgusted at the sheer rudeness of the receptionist whom I had the dis-pleasure of speaking to.

I arrived at the A&E desk where I could see the receptionist sat at their desk , the receptionist clearly saw me but chose to ignore me , not a hint of "hello can I help you sir" , I asked the receptionist politely that I needed to see a nurse regarding my injury , the receptionist still ignored me , when the receptionist did finally acknowledge me I had to repeat myself several times as they clearly were not listening .

I had been waiting over and hour with pretty much only myself in the waiting room , I decided just to politely ask the receptionist if they had any idea of a waiting time scale to be rudely greeted with the response " we're open until 10 pm you'll have to come back later"! , all I wanted was to know how long roughly I would have to wait , I appreciate the nurses are busy but don't appreciate the rude staff whom are supposed to be "the face" of the hospital , this led me to walk out of the department due to the receptionists appalling attitude , so much for customer service !! I would rather drive to Bath an wait hours than be met with hostility ...

Response from Frome Community Hospital

Dear Sir

I was really sorry to read of your recent experience of one of our MIU in Frome.

I will of course share this feedback with the lead ENP and matron who will take your comments on board. The Trust take all feedback very seriously, and I know that managers will be disappointed to read of your experience, and I can only apologise for this.

If you would like the matter to be looked into further, and a response sent to you directly, please call the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, PALS, on 01278 432022 or email us at pals@sompar.nhs.uk and we will be happy to take this forward.