"Extremely dissatisfied"

I visited minor injuries last night after falling and cutting my head open. I was bleeding quite a lot feeling dizzy and extremely sick.. The receptionist was extremely blunt to my husband on the phone and on arrival to the department..when I was seen by the nurse they extremely uncaring cold and abrupt..I remained calm and polite throughout my consultation even when they scrubbed at my wound appearing to be unaware or unfeeling to me wincing and crying as they carried out their 'care' procedure.

I am very aware that the nurses are under pressure as I was a nurse myself, and so would not of attended hospital unless I felt necessary ' I am not a time waster'

My wound resulted in being glued as I had sustained quite a considerable cut and so feel I was right to go to minor injuries but unfortunately due to my care I certainly will not attend by choice the Samuel Johnson again ! Extremely poor patient care .

Response from Samuel Johnson Community Hospital

Dear Ms Dawson Derry

We are sorry to read that the Samuel Johnson Community Hospital Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) did not meet your expectations. PALS would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you. Our service is available Monday to Friday 09:00 – 16:30 hrs or call PALS directly on 01283 593110.