"Five star treatment"

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

My wife and I chose to have our baby at L&D hospital, as we had had a bad experience with another hospital previously. It was one of best decisions that we could have made. From the moment we stepped into the hospital we felt valued and respected. My wife was in the hospital for 5 days with 2 of days being in labour. Every nurse, midwife, doctor and cleaner could not have been more helpful or caring. My wife hates making a fuss and was wary of using the call button to ask for anything, a point pocked up on by the midwife so they just visited her more often to check on her. When the doctor asked us whether we want a c section, I knew that they were an hour from finishing their shift, but it did not matter to them as they worked as hard as though they had just started their shift.

Even the security staff were kind as I had left my car in the carpark which had shut, they took my payment and released me with no fuss.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.