"before and after care"

About: Royal Bolton Hospital

My daughter was admitted with sepsis and all the staff were amazing . Our beautiful twins were born angels on 26th oct . We were all treated with the upmost respect , dignity and care ever imaginable , however on returning to bolton for a check up things were very different ! There was no examination , none of my daughters questions were answered , she was told everything was fine and then promptly disscharged . This was 6 weeks ago and yesterday she received a letter from the hospital telling her she had a serious water infection and to go to her gp asap ! My daughter is not numb and did this as soon as she left her first appointment because she knew things wernt right , i drezd to think what couldof happened if she hadnt . The aftercare has realy been non existant and as a family we feel totaly let down . Also because my daughter has been discharged she cannot get bereivement counciling from you which she so desperately needs , was told to go through her gp where its not specialised and upto 12 month waiting list . So bolton hoospial i cannot thank you enough for 5 days of amazing care but just need to sau your aftercare stinks!

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

We're pleased to hear that your daughter and family received good care initially but we are very sorry that your daughter had a poor experience when she returned to the hospital for her appointment and we will speak to the consultants regarding this and you feel that the care following delivery has not been appropriate.

Counselling is provided via the GP however since Christmas we have increased the numbers of bereavement midwives we have in post.

The midwives will provide more follow up for women after delivery but cannot provide counselling.