"Endoscopy department"

About: West Cumberland Hospital

Just returned from a very apprehensive visit to West Cumberland Hospital. I was apprehensive due to a distressing previous encounter with the Endoscopy department at Carlisle. I was immediately put at ease by the nurses and was kept informed throughout the procedure by the consultant. This department was spotlessly clean and very well organised. I would gladly return for any further treatment and will definitely recommend to my family and friends. Thankyou to all involved, my faith in the Nhs may well have been restored.

Response from West Cumberland Hospital

Dear Ms Holliday

I am very sorry you had such a distressing encounter when you were in the Cumberland Infirmary and it is totally understandable how apprehensive you must have been when you had to attend for an Endoscopy at West Cumberland Hospital.

All the staff work tremendously hard to ensure patients receive a good service when they are in hospital and I am pleased that your most recent experience was a positive one.

I will make sure that the staff in the Endoscopy department are aware of your feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Best regards