"Amazed"

About: Scunthorpe General Hospital

This was my first visit to this hospital. I had an outpatient appointment at Maxillofacial clinic (ie dental intervention). I was amazed by the extortionate parking charges. Upon entering at the Outpatients entrance I was amazed by the chaotic signage with multi-levels, multi departments but nothing at all about Maxillofacial. Very helpful volunteer showed me part of the way, and then a porter took over. I was amazed by the drab, run-down look of the place and even more amazed by the dirty floors along multiple corridors. Once seated in the correct waiting room I was called in to see the practitioner (40 minutes after my appointment time) and was again amazed by the antiquated equipment. The 10 minute appointment ended and I then had to go to the x-ray department (my own dentist does this in the dental chair).

After a 20 minute wait I had the x-ray (very pleasant radiography staff) and then a further 10 minutes trying to follow the chaotic signage to the correct exit. I look forward (not) to being amazed at my next visit when I will have the dental work carried out..

Response from Scunthorpe General Hospital

Mrs Rodda, thank you very much for your feedback, which has been shared with the relevant managers. I hope your next visit will be a more positive experience.

Kind regards,