"Can't actually get hold of anyone!"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

I have been referred to Pinderfields dentistry for a wisdom tooth removal.

I spoke to my dentist who said they referred me in early December, I have still not received an appointment.

I spoke to my dentist who said it could take up to 24 weeks (!) to get this out and I needed to contact the hospital directly to find out where I am on the list - which is all very well... but after being on hold for one hour it's quite difficult to get in touch with them.

I am in considerable discomfort, and can't believe I have to wait up to 18 weeks for such a small procedure.

When I had my first wisdom tooth out at Leeds Dental Institute I was able to contact them quickly, and rearrange an appointment that suited me - this was all done within a month.

I will no doubt receive a generic reply to tell me to contact the hospital, but seeing as I can't actually get hold of anyone there it's pretty pointless really.

I might register at a dentist in Leeds and see if I can get in there any quicker.

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We apologise for the frustration you describe when trying to contact the hospital. Clearly, we don't know which number you have used, but would suggest that you contact the appointment centre on 01924 54169 (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri), who should be able to advise.