"Lovely night staff on AMU"

About: Royal Sussex County Hospital

After my horrible, stressful experience from one A&E nurse, it was lovely to be greeted by two caring nurses who looked after me well. One nurse in particular had to physically help me stand while having x-rays as I was too weak to stand. It was a relief to finally hit the bed and get some sleep. They couldn't do enough for me and other patients. Shame the nurse in A&E couldn't be like them.

The only let downs were bathrooms and toilet were pretty filthy and we had a male brought into a bay

Both nurses were excellent. Thank you x

Response from Royal Sussex County Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your experiences in AMU and A&E at the RSCH. I have sent your lovely comments to the charge nurses on AMU, to share with their staff and I know that they will really appreciate your kind words.

I have also asked the head of our cleaning services to review the cleaning on the ward, as dirty bathrooms are unacceptable.

I am sorry that your experience in A&E was so different and I have also shared this with the matron for A&E, if you would like to discuss this further, please do contact me.

Best wishes