"Day Care Unit - FESS Operation"

About: Pilgrim Hospital

I would like to say a big thank you for the care I received last Thursday, 21st January 2016 when I attended the Dare Care Unit at Pilgrim Hospital for my 5th Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery.

I was treated with respect, kept up to date with what was happening/what to expect.

I was the last person to go down for surgery which means a bit of a wait, but then a notice in the waiting room advises you that this may be the case and that you will not necessarily be seen in the order that you arrive/your appointment time as they are dealing with several different clinics at the same time.

I was quite nervous as I had been told that revision surgery can be riskier, but when talking to my surgeon previous to the operation, the consultant assured me that they would be very careful and made me feel much better about the situation.

The consultant also came to see me after the operation to talk me through my treatment and never made me feel rushed nor that I was taking up their time.

I know the staff are under a lot of pressure but my experience was very positive and I would never hesitate in choosing the Pilgrim Hospital for further care.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent experience on the Day Case Ward.

I have shared your comments with the teams involved and we are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with the care we provided and that you were kept informed throughout your patient journey.

We recognise that a hospital admission is always an unsettling experience and we are pleased we were able to reassure you.

We wish you a speedy recovery.

Kind Regards