"PALS are the tops!"

Unfortunately I have had the misfortune to complain twice in four months regards my partner's stay in hospital. Although this has been very distressing for me the PALS staff have been brilliant in their work. Getting in contact with me, listening to my concerns and most importantly they did what they said they would. They sorted things out, passed on information and generally did a fantastic job. I wish everyone at the QE were so thorough.

One member of the team deserves a special mention, they are calm, patient, thoughtful and caring. Whatever these staff are paid I feel it is not enough as they do such a vital job for patient's anxious families.

Thank you PALS you are all marvellous. Keep up the good work.

Yours thankfully, Nuala Wedge (Mrs)

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham

Dear Mrs Wedge

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about the service that you have received from the PALS team at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham. We are sorry that concerns about your partners care have resulted in you requiring support from PALS; but delighted that they have been able to help sort things out. We have shared your kind comments with the senior staff responsible for PALS; they really value your feedback and will pass your gratitude onto their team members. Please don’t hesitate to contact PALS again should you need their assistance in the future.

If you would like to provide any further feedback about your experience please visit the hospital webpage www.uhb.nhs.uk/yourviews