"Medical staff great"

About: Wrightington Hospital

The medical staff were brilliant.

I was nursed on the Charnley wing.

I am a large lady and just felt that I was being treated like a freak show, I felt some of the staff were mocking me.

The students treated me with much more dignity than the trained staff.

The night staff were better.

As for cleanliness the cleaner licked their finger and rubbed the window to remove a dirty mark!

I am a nurse myself so I feel I have realistic expectations of how people should be treated and I certainly did not receive this. Very disappointing..

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for telling us about your experience during your stay at Wrightington Hospital. We are pleased to note your positive comments about the medical staff; however we were sorry to learn of the difficulties you experienced on the ward, as this is not what we would wish to hear from our patients. It is disappointing to read that the Trust’s values and behaviours were not demonstrated and shared with you during your stay with us, and for this we are very sorry. Whilst we will share your posting with the Division of Specialist Services for their information and review, we would be happy to look into your concerns in more detail, and provide you with feedback. If this is something you would like to take forward please contact the Patient Relations Department.

May I provide you with the Patient Relations contact details if you wish to get in touch.

Tel: 01942 822376