"Treatment & care understanding"

About: Rotherham Hospital

My father was admitted to hospital on Thursday night 7/1/2016 with shortness of breath & chest pain . He was treated very well by all staff in the two wards he was on pleasant , caring & empathetic to his needs & the efficiency of the dr's & nurses & treatment he was given was 1st class ,they tried everything .Unfortunately it was too late for my father as he had a long standing condition but that didn't stop them from trying . He ended his days on the AMU ward on Saturday 9/1/2016 .My sister & I cannot praise & thank them enough for their efforts especially staff on the AMU ward & also the treatment , care & understanding of the cardio dept who looked after my father for a few years & I believe gave him those extra years . Thank you so very much Rotherham Hospital

Response from Rotherham Hospital

Hello my name is Kerry, thank you for your post on NHS Choices. We really appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you feel that your father was treated very well by all staff on the wards and that they were pleasant, caring and empathetic to his needs. Your kind comments and thanks will be passed onto the staff concerned. With best wishes.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust