About: Royal Surrey County Hospital

I had an endoscopy procedure today and opted to have this without sedation, although a little nervous and apprehensive I was very thoroughly guided through the procedure from being admitted to leaving by the nurse.

I was collected by another nurse who accompanied me to the procedure room where they introduced me to another nurse and the endoscopy practitioner. Again the procedure was explained to me and they were with me throughout reassuring me and keeping me calm with reminding me to concentrate on my breathing.

I was then taken to a patients lounge and offered a hot drink and a sandwich until I was ready to leave, the nurse then collected me and explained the results to me.

Although this is a very simple and quick procedure, it isn't very pleasant but I couldn't have been made more comfortable and reassured in this very clean purpose built unit. Thank you

Response from Royal Surrey County Hospital

Thank you very much for your email. It is very kind of you to take the time to recognise the efforts of the staff who looked after you. Coming into hospital can be very daunting and I pleased to read that you were made to feel reassured and comfortable. I will ensure your message is passed on to the endoscopy team. I know they will appreciate your comments.