"The Worst Hospital ever"

About: North Middlesex Hospital

Checked in at 5am with a severe chest pain and short of breath, had to wait 20 min until I passed out and then I was looked after.. After few tests had to stay for a further treatment and had to wait for a room from 7:30 am until 5pm, until one became available. In the main time I was left with no food until 13h after I had to beg to 5 different nurses.. I started to have the pain in the afternoon, called for 4 different nurses to help and no one stopped because it wasn't their section.. Which I found really disrespectful.. No one could give an update on how long was the waiting for the room, was a night mare to get some drink .. So I would not recommend this ER not even to my worst enemy.. Staff and service worst the a third world country..

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

Thank you for your feedback.

We do offer food and drink to our patients, and usually this is dispensed by a housekeeper who walks to the various cubicles to offer refreshments.

The nurses you asked may have been caring for other patients and did not have the time to stop.

I am not sure why your cubicle was missed during the housekeeper's rounds but I will investigate this.

I am the managing director for A&E, m.fitzpatrick@nhs.net and will be sharing your comments with the team.