"Hip replacement"

My overall opinion of Oaklands Hospital :

I think they are more suited to day- case procedures rather than major operations requiring lengthier stays and care.

My operation date was put together very quickly after a cancellation slot became available.

Everything was fine up until literally the last minute when I was informed by my Surgeon, the chosen replacement joint wasn't available, we did proceed with an alternative joint.Time will tell if this was a good decision !

My room was adequate but a little tired, the road noise day and night was very intrusive.

Daily room cleaning was not done, I couldn't close the en- suite door when on toilet because my outstretched operated leg hit door.

Food was very average.

There was a lot of different staff, some only doing an odd shift each week, however most were friendly and capable of doing required observations and medicines.

Overall, as I said at beginning , Oaklands is fine for day-cases, if I needed another major operation I would choose to use a main NHS Hospital.

Response from Oaklands Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment and bringing to our attention the problems you encountered during your visit to Oaklands. Please be assured that I am looking into the points you raise as a matter of urgency.

Helen Rocca