"Seriously Appalled"

About: Sandwell General Hospital

I admitted myself to Sandwell A&E recently in serious pain and in some distress.

It took over 5 hours to be seen, in which time i was left in a stone cold examination room for 2 hours whilst people continually burst in and expressed surprise i was in there. At no point did anybody check up on me other than once to take blood pressure (whilst chewing gum, very professional). Again, i was in serious pain so this was not a good place to be. Nobody said hello, smiled, they all looked like they would rather be somewhere else. It was shocking.

I was eventually seen by an extremely abrasive doctor who talked over me and basically made my diagnosis feel like a cross examination. I was made to feel foolish for even seeking care.

To top it all off i paid around 5 quid in parking charges.

I never complain about things which in my mind really doesnt leave much room for doubt. So glad this isnt my local hospital.

Response from Sandwell General Hospital

I am sorry to hear about your experience.

That is not the feedback we usually get and I know the team in ED will be frustrated that you did not get seen quickly enough, and that you felt we were discourteous.

I do hope if you do use us again, things go better for you. Toby Lewis, Chief Executive.