"Excellent service"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I would like to thank the A+E team who looked after me when I was brought in Sunday 20.12.15 with severe breathlessness, my first experience as a patient since I had my son 23 years ago.

From the fantastic consultant and the team in A+E, the Clinical assessment to ward 24, all the staff I encountered did their best to make me feel reassured and in safe hands and when you think each breath may be your last, this was very important and allowed my anxiety to diminish and my lungs to finally start to recover, albeit with the aid of oxygen etc...

I was fearful going in but the service and professionalism I witnessed and received is a credit to the hospital.

Even the food was great!

Thank you so much.

G Taylor.

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent positive experience.

I am very pleased that the fears that you had before attending were not realised. I am glad that you found the teams you came into contact with to be professional and that they were able to provide you with reassurance and diminish your fears.

I know that the teams that you came into contact with will be delighted to hear your ‘story’ so I will ensure that I share it with them.

We have a Patient story programme which allows patients to relay their experiences directly to the trust by video or audio recording. If you would like to participate in this please contact Helenm.kay@bfwhospitals.nhs.uk

I hope that your recovery has continued and I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.