"outpatient results"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

After my mother had biopsies taken we returned to get the results, only to be given the worse news that as a family we could receive....she was told that she had cancer. What I and family find totally outrageous and unexpectable is the we left that department after being given such devastating news without seeing or being offered to see anyone who could answer any of our questions and than being told that we would have to wait 2 weeks before she could see consultant from relevant department.

There was no care and compassion. We left the hospital totally shell shocked and left to get on with it. Totally disgraceful

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

I am very sorry to read of your mother's experience in the Respiratory Department and that you feel that there was no care and compassion given.

Please be assured that your comments have been passed on to the area concerned.

If you would like the opportunity to speak with a senior member of the Respiratory Team to discuss the issues you have raised please contact our PALS Team at: PHT.Pals@porthosp.nhs.uk or via the free phone on 0800 9176039 to allow them to obtain further details from you.

We would value the opportunity to provide your family with the help and information you need.

Kind regards.