"Maple Suite"

About: King George Hospital

I received appalling and rude remark from a nurse. Staff should not work there if they are not able to cope with the delivery of service. I was the told by the nurse, I am too busy and did not offer to explain the relatively medication I was given. I was told by them "Just take it" without explaining the purpose in first instance. The nurse failed to deliver dignity, respect not patient confidentiality. When called into, they did not give privacy required, given the type of 'service'. I felt very uncomfortable and the discussion was discussed in the corridor when patients entering and exiting the maple suite. This is an appalling standard and will never come here again.

Response from King George Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience, I was very sorry to read your experience. In order to learn and improve it would be really helpful if you could contact the patient Advice and Liaison Service, who will be able to organise a conversation with the relevant team. Thank you for taking the time to write to us, it helps to improve the care that we deliver in the future. They can be contacted on 01708 435 454, or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Yours sincerely