"Day care at the cardiac unit"

About: Westmorland General Hospital

I attended the cardiac unit for an angiogram on 20th January and from the moment I stepped into the ward I was impressed with the welcoming nature, friendliness and professionalism of the staff who work there.

This served to put me very much at ease and subsequently, the angiogram itself proved to be very much a non-event.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they remained cheery and informative throughout.

Once the procedure was completed, there was plenty of refreshments on offer in the form of sandwiches, toast and tea/coffee.

There was a delay in being released from the unit but this was for operational reasons and in no way attributed to staff inefficiency.

In summary, easy parking, food a-plenty, excellent staff and a superb view of the snow clad mountains from the window next to my bed.

What's not to like!

Response from Westmorland General Hospital

We appreciate you letting us know about your experience at Westmorland General Hospital, and are pleased that you found our staff friendly and welcoming. We will make sure that we pass on your kind comments to the teams involved.