"Hairmyres Accident & Emergency"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / Emergency department

(as a parent/guardian),

My 2 year old son fell and split his head. We attended A&E and were taken to minor injuries within an hour. The staff were absolutely amazing. The female doctor was wonderful with my son & the nurse who introduced herself as Suzie was an absolute credit to the department/hospital. We could obviously see how busy everyone was but when the staff were with my wee boy they took the time to put him & us at ease as they treated him. I think all too often we only hear about the negatives and yet we only experienced professional, kind & caring staff. Thank you so much-especially to Suzie.

Response from Lise Axford, Senior Nurse, Emergency Medicine, Hairmyres Hospital

Dear Cazzy

I am sorry to hear about your son's fall and injury. I hope that he is recovering well. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Suzy will be delighted to hear that you and your son had a positive experience during your recent visit. I will ensure your comments are shared with her and other members of staff that were involved. Staff do work hard to provide an approach to care that is personal to the individual and I am pleased to hear that both you and your son felt reassured.

I appreciate you taking the time to contact us as receiving this feedback allows staff to further reflect. I do hope your son has recovered from his fall.

• Cazzy thinks this response is helpful