"Great Hospital Staff"

About: Hairmyres Hospital / General Surgery

I was recently sent to A&E at Hairmyres Hospital, East Kilbride for an ECG. Being a bit of a germ-a-phobe and a nervous patient I was not looking forward to this. From the moment I stepped into the hospital every member of staff I encountered were polite, friendly and helpful. I spent 3 hours undertaking various tests and during that time was seen to by 5 nurses/doctors. Every one of them are a credit to the hospital, they were easy to talk to, I could ask questions without being made to feel silly and they even joked with me which completely put me at ease. I think the NHS gets a lot of bad press and I was truly impressed by my experience. Some of the doctors I was seen by were trainees and if that's the service they offer now, they will be great doctors!

Response from Christine McNeill, Patient Affairs Manager, Hairmyres Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear J3N811

Thank you for your kind comments about the nursing and medical staff in the Emergency Department. I'm very pleased you were made to feel at ease and that you had such a positive experience. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff.